With a little time off from school and work for the holiday I had some time to try out a soap recipe that I’ve been dying to try!
In my quest to make everything I put ON my body organic and natural I found this great recipe for homemade body wash. Not only will you feel at ease because you know exactly what you are putting on your body, but it’s way cheaper than buying it in the store!
Homemade Body Wash… (original recipe from Proverbs2Six.blogspot.com)
- 1/2 gallon distilled water (or previously boiled water)
- 2 tbsp. vegetable glycerin
- 2 bars of pure-castile soap (grated; should equal 2 cups)
- Few drops Essential oil for scent (if desired)
- Note: The original recipe calls for Tom’s natural soap, but upon reading the ingredients on several different soaps in the store, I decided on Dr. Bronner’s pure-castile soap. There are lots of yummy scents to choose from! (leave out the essential oil if you use a scented bar)
- Note: If you are going for an extremely mild body-wash (ex. for skin with eczema) I would not add the scent.
- Melt grated soap, distilled water & vegetable glycerin in large pot
- Add essential oil if desired
- Put into large mason jars and let cool
- It will solidify into a thick substance, shake it up for the perfect consistency!
- I put mine into an old body wash bottle and keep it in the shower.